Vesicular trafic and receptors dynamics in epithelial and neuronal cells.
We are working ont the trafic of membranous molecules and vesicular traffic. membrane fusion between a vesicle and a target compartment is achieved by SNARE proteins (Soluble N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion protein (NSF) Attachment protein Receptor).
SNAREs are classifed in 2 types : the v-SNAREs on the vesicles (v- for vesicles) and the t-SNAREs on the target compartment (t- for target). The v-SNAREs and t-SNAREs form complexes which bring closer the two membranes and favors the fusion. We are working on the role of SNARE proteins in the traffic of adhesion molecules and receptors both at the synapse in neuronal cells and in epithelial cells.
We have worked on membrane traffic in different physiological contexts:
- role of SNAREs in neurite outgrowth during developement.
Molecular Biology of the Cell (2006),17(3):1194-203. Download pdf.
- role of SNAREs in hippocampal synaptic transmission.
PNAS (2006)103 :16562-16567. Download pdf.
- role of SNAREs in the dynamic of the adhesion molecule L1 at the growth cone.
Molecular Biology of the Cell (2007), 18 : 3131-3143. Download pdf.
- role of Hrb protein in the recylcing and endocytosis of the v-SNARE TI-VAMP.
Journal of Biological Chemistry (2008), 10.1074/jbc.M804587200. Download pdf.
- transport of the carbohydrate Lewis X in hippocampal neurons.
Brain Research (2009), 1287:39-46, doi:10.1016. Download pdf.
see the publication list.